Última actualización el Jueves, 21 Junio 2012 12:19 Felipe Isac Martinez Visto: 4017
The Centre counts with the following committees to its operation:
- General Assembly
- Directive Council
- General Direction
- External Evaluation Committee
- Committee of self assessment (Organo de Vigilancia); and
- Others determined by the General Assembly and the Directive Council according to their powers.
The General Assembly is the supreme committee of the Association and the Directive Council its governing committee.
The General Assembly of Associates constitutes of:
- The federal government represented by the Public Education Secretary, the Environment and Natural Resources Secretary and the National Research and Technology Council.
- The National Autonomous University of Mexico
- The National Polytechnic Institute
- The State Government of Sonora
- The State Government of Sinaloa
- The State Government of Chihuahua.
- The Northwest Centre of Biological Research (Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas del Noroeste, S.C.)
MISSION: We are an Institution dedicated to carry out scientific and technological research in food and development, to the formation of postgraduate human resources and to the diffusion of knowledge in our areas of expertise, therefore contributing to the economic and social welfare of the country.
ACADEMIC STRUCTURE: CIAD is constituted by 9 Administrative Areas: 1) Nutrition; 2) Food Science; 3) Technology of Food of Vegetable Origin; 4) Technology of Food of Animal Origin; 5) Development; 6) Aquaculture and Environmental Management; 7) Physiology and Post-harvest Technology of Fruits and Vegetables; 8) Quality and Use of Natural Resources and 9) Physiology and Technology of Food from Template Regions. Out of the 9 areas, 5 are in the city of Hermosillo y 4 are located in different strategic points of the country. The research projects being carried out can be grouped according to the following areas and research